- It was initiated by the NRDF on emergency basis by dispatching a team of volunteers to the affected area on the second day of the killer earthquake to assist the government officials, army and other rescue teams and local people to bury the dead bodies, shift the injured to health facilities and provide food to the victims. Later, a UK based group of Philanthropists and Stanley Pharmaceuticals Ltd. joined hands with NRDF to further strengthen relief and rehabilitation efforts Construction material and technical assistance were provided to the families to construct earth quake resistant houses for them in Balakot and Garhi Habibullah.
- 150 volunteers of NRDF provided relief services to the affected communities for a period of two moths from the next day of the occurrence of the quake
- Raising of funds and collection of food and non food items
- 25 truck load of Food and non food items were provided to affected communities
- Over 300 children at Roshan Public School, Balakot was sponsored.
- Construct 26 Column Structure Houses.
- Construct 25 GI Sheet Structure Houses.
- Developed 2 Block Making Centers.
- On the second day of earthquake a team of 450 Volunteers send to the affected areas.
October 2005 to December 2007
Local Communities and UK based group of Philanthropists