Venue & Speakers
NRDF held a Media Briefing "Welcome to School Initiative" on Fri, 03/06/11 11:30 a.m. at Peshawar Press Club, Peshawar Cantt., KPK
The speakers at the event were:
- Advocate Jalal Ud Din, Former Ambassador, Senior Associate of NRDF & Chairman Provincial Council
- Jalil Jan Sahib, Provincial Secretary Information, JUI-F, KPK
- Dr. Qibla Ayaz, Director Institute of Islamic Studies, University of Peshawar
- Imran, Sports Coach, FATA/KPK
- Rahim Haqqani, Member of Provincial Council, NRDF
Briefing by the speakers
Mr. Jalal Ud Din briefed the audience on:
- Formation of Core Groups of Ulama
- Mapping of 150+ Ulama in each location
- Survey of Schools at South Waziristan & Orakzai Agency to assess School damages
- Identification of Schools for intervention
- Identification of Non-Local female teachers
- Provision of extra space for damaged schools
- Mapping of partially damaged schools and cost estimation of minor repairs including WASH facilities
- Formation / Reactivation of Taleemi Islahi Jirgas (Parents Teachers Council)
- Advocacy by Agency core groups for children's admission in schools
- Education aid supplies to schools/students
- Awareness on health related issues in conflicte affected areas
- Challenges to enroll all the children of targeted agencies
Dr. Qibla Ayaz talked on the topic "Islamic perspective of Education"
Jalil Jan Sahab spoke on "The role of Ulama in education of the nation"
Mr. Imran talked about "Need of Boys & Girls sports activities in conflicted affected areas".
The briefing was followed by a "Question Hour" in which the speakers addressed the questions of the audience.